Learn how to get more out of Beamo with Plans and Packs.
Beamo provides Single Sign On (SSO) for customers that are on an Enterprise plan to login through a single authentication source. It allows organizations to better manage their accounts and users and thereby keeping the information more secure.
Beamo is using the Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 2.0 standard to provide SSO. Organisations can set up the Identity Provider (IdP) of their choice and connect this to Beamo's authentication and login system.
Who can use this feature?
|Super Admin||Site Manager||Team Admin||Surveyor||Collab-
|Setup SAML SSO|
|Use SAML SSO|
What is SAML SSO?
In a SAML SSO set up, the Identity Provider manages the organization's user accounts and credentials. Beamo, as the Service provider, is the app or website that provides services to the user or organization.
When using SAML SSO, Beamo won't store passwords for any accounts managed by Single Sign On. Users log in to the organization and authenticate using the organization's identity provider.
How SAML SSO works:
- Member attempts to log in via SAML SSO
- Beamo sends a SAML request to the identity provider
- The identity provider checks this member's credentials
- The identity provider sends a response to Beamo to verify the member's identity
- Beamo accepts the response and logs the member into their account
Requirements for SSO
- The Space must be on an Enterprise plan
- The Identity Provider (IdP) must support SAML 2.0 standard
- Only a Super Admin can setup SAML SSO for a space
Getting started with SSO
Read the listed articles for the configuration of SAML SSO as it varies on the identity provider's side.
- Setting up SAML SSO in general
- Google SAML SSO configuration
- *AWS SAML SSO configuration
- Azure SAML SSO configuration
- Okta SAML SSO configuration
Note: *AWS IdP will be supported in a future release.