1. Preparing the requirements
You need the following items to perform the site survey.
Prepared by you (the customer)
Beamo App (Please download the latest version. You can search in the Apple App Store as Beamo )
360° camera ( Ricoh Theta Z1, Ricoh Theta V, Ricoh Theta SC2 with the latest firmware)
Firmware info: Ricoh Theta Z1, Ricoh Theta V, Ricoh Theta SC2.
Note: We strongly recommend using the Ricoh Theta Z1 to create better digital twin and future development capabilities.
Beamo Starter Kit (will be delivered to you)
Smart Holder* (Smartphone/Battery Holder + Tripod Clamp)
360 Mount* for 360° camera
Caution: The 360 Mount depends on the 360° camera model. When ordering the Beamo Starter Kit for Ricoh Theta, please make sure to confirm the model of your Ricoh Theta in advance and order the Starter Kit that matches the model.
Note: Do you need the PDF version? Download it here.
Good to have
- Extra battery
- Smart Holder* for extra battery
- Cable for extra battery
- Prepare the plan to work out your shooting procedure
Note: *marked items are included in the Beamo Starter Kit.
2. Checking battery, storage, & OS
Make sure the 360° camera and the smartphone are fully charged. Take an extra battery if you plan to capture for a long time (over 2 hours).
Make sure that the 360° camera has enough memory. (For example, 10GB of available storage is required for 1,000 points)
Make sure that the smartphone has enough memory. (For example, 10-20GB os available storage is required to capture 1,000 points) Check here how to manage your storage.
3. Downloading the Beamo App
Open the App Store and search for Beamo.
Tap the [Get] button.
Go back to the home screen.
Find the Beamo App on the home screen.
Tap the Beamo App.
4. Connecting 360° camera to the smartphone
We recommend connecting the 360° camera to the smartphone via WI-Fi if using the device for the first time.
1. Press the top button on the side of the 360° camera. Make sure the Wi-Fi is on.
2. Go to smartphone settings and turn on the Wi-Fi of the smartphone.
3. Select the network named “THETAYJ000000000.OSC”. The 0’s at the end are a combination of numbers and letters, unique to each 360° camera.
4. This series of numbers after the letter serves as the Wi-Fi password.
Tip: Visit here to learn more about connecting Ricoh Theta to a smartphone. https://support.theta360.com/uk/manual/content/prepare/prepare_06.htm