Learn how to get more out of Beamo with Plans and Packs.
To conduct a survey, calibration is required. The accurate calibration creates more precise survey results.
Note: The step for calibrating is not required for Outdoor Capture (beta) plans.
Who can use this feature?
|Super Admin||Site Manager||Team Admin||Surveyor||Collaborator||Viewer|
Calibrating the plan
1. Tap ✖️ to close the guide.
2. Pinch in/out the floor plan to find your current position and tap. The location input pin will appear.
3. Adjust the pin by tapping & dragging to your current position and [Next] to continue the calibration. The initial calibration point will be captured as the first captured point.
4. Move to the next position. The message disappears after moving 3m, enabling you to tap on the plan again.
5. Tap on the plan to input your current position and the location input pin will appear. (the calibration point is displayed as the first white pin.)
6. Tap and drag the location input pin to the current position and tap [Done]. The second calibration point will be captured as the second captured point.
7. When calibration is successfully completed, the Capture Screen is shown, similar to the photo above. The blue beam point indicates the current position. Proceed capture.
Tip: for accurate calibration
For best practice, select two points from corner to corner within the captured area. By doing so, the alignment between tracked positions and the floor plan shows high accuracy.
If the area is too large, set the calibration distance as far as you can, preferably halfway to the second corner at least
If any misalignment or scale error happens, the adjustment is done in the web editor after uploading the survey.